Friday, March 6, 2009

Not Tonight-edit

I don’t want to look at you
there is no enjoyment in it today and that is what we’re here for; we’re in the bar for each other?
I love to look
no to stare. Last time we went to a concert, we witnessed a visual masterpiece. Everyone shut their eyes, lids down in respect for the sound.

Sitting next to you I notice I am swallowing more than usual
it’s a quick fix for a dry mouth.
The shadows you create make me want to panic. You are angular, like gaudy jewellery screaming but making no sense. I gulp my beer to wet the whistle and thicken the blood.

Your gesticulation is out of control, you cup your hands over your mouth and you hold the back of your head. Are your thoughts heavier this month? I want to offer you a cup of tea, but it will just make your face red.

Edging closer to make sure you’re alright I notice you’re wheezing.
In your lap is a heavy beating mass.
Your heart. And
you can’t hold it
can’t handle the weight.

No comments: