Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Relaxed

I’d sucked hard on the disappointment, like you do with nutshells after a particularly good meal.

I know I tend to exaggerate the size of my heart but I don’t let that stop me from going about my business. I’ve held a ticker tape parade in the name of excitement every day of my life.
If I run out of coloured paper and will rely on spirit fingers and the prickled strains of my hair in the wind.

Drive fast! I say so the colours blend and the world is given to you in a different combination.

We had the perfect combination; first relaxed attitudes and then all the trimmings; freshly brushed teeth, rain, a spotlight and a slow dance. In the moment I felt we didn’t need to be as big as we were, seeing as we weren’t trying to prove anything or play a role.

And…

we were rewarded with an emptied mind that let in the jangle of life just happening.

These additions had they not been there, gleaming and reflecting in the pavement, we would not have ordered them.

We were enough.

No comments: