Monday, March 23, 2009

Change

Today
I awoke to find the arches of my feet have grown.
I am lifted, higher.
With this new found height I will sidestep down the street wearing only a sandwich board, displaying: AUTHENTIC SELF EXPRESSION. To be scraped off my tongue and served immediately.

I have acquired some extra hands, four or so. They are restless and tangle with anticipation for use. Has my body adapted to my compulsion to gorge? Fucking oath!
They should be put to good use, I will swear with all four. Twenty fingers, to pat my belly and settle me.

I am all change, recent and unfamiliar. There is no expression in pieces. I would perfer to look, lived in.

Tonight
I will lie down next to you at a party and watch the clouds, brainstorming the identity behind their shapes. I’ll be the first to say what has been on my tongue since this morning, “That one looks like us”.

No comments: