Saturday, October 11, 2008

I have sulked into a shape, bulky and cumbersome. There is no where to put me. What a waste of space. I have this reoccurring vision; it generally comes over me when I am cringing about something I've said. It is me smashing something. It is so loud and violent. You can scream much louder in your head then out loud. You can hit much harder too.

I am walking home, 1.30 am. All grey and blue, the sulks coat.
A man across the road yelled out: "You are a very fine young lady. Have a good morning, when you finally wake up, the sun shall shine on you"

A sign.

2 comments:

Elise said...

I have taken this in the most literal sence Harriet, because I'm not good at reading into le metophores and such, but I still have 2 things I have said that still make me cringe 4 years on. Every time I think of them, my confidence crumbles, though I remember that at the time, I wasn't that ashamed or fussed.

Anonymous said...

he was a little man from God.